Monday, March 11, 2013

Meeting #3

This was the lesson plan I used for our third meeting. We spend about an hour discussing things on the blog because they hadn't been commenting on it much and I wanted to get their feedback. The meeting actually went really well and I was very encouraged. Only two out of the three showed up and we got started late, but we had some great breakthroughs. Both of them commented that getting to role-play an outsider helped them understand better how people outside of Camden can think and say the things they do about Camden. They were angry, but sympathizing at the same time, which I think is really necessary. I also felt like we broke through a little of that apathy. We still don't have much to go off of for the play but we did decide on our audience and theme:

Audience: Camden insiders and outsiders
Theme: the Voices (outside and inside) and the complex relationship between them  (the us vs. them)

No comments:

Post a Comment